Coolabi is making digital management changes. The children’s and family entertainment producer and rights management company said Monday that it has appointed Naomi Dare to a new role as Head of Digital, reporting to Director of Content, Michael Dee.
In this position, Dare will be responsible for developing Coolabi strategies to increase brand awareness and […]
LeapFrog’s Learning Team conducted research which shows that children learn to read and write better when they experience the activities simultaneously. The company has taken this idea and developed a new reading system that includes a writing component.
The LeapReader system, set to launch June 12, will serve as a learn […]
Players can experience two different play mechanics. In exploration mode, they can switch between Phineas and Ferb characters while in Action Mode, they can […]
Apple gave developers only a day’s notice before putting the $1,600 tickets on sale, and despite the short notice, this year’s event sold out […]
With new Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) amendments going into effect in July, many businesses are working to ensure their products comply with the law.
To clarify what its new COPPA amendments entail, the Federal Trade Commission released responses to frequently asked questions about COPPA compliance. COPPA is designed to protect […]
Former Punky Brewster actress Soleil Moon Frye and former IAC executive Kara Nortman launched their new startup company, Moonfrye today. The co-founders secured $2.5 million in funding led by GRP Partners with participation from Greycroft, Daher Capital, and Google Ventures.
Nortman is the Chief Executive Officer and Frye is the Chief Creative […]
JAKKS Pacific, Inc. reported its first quarter 2013 fiscal results, which showed that while the company saw an increase in net sales, it also saw an increase in net loss during the quarter.
The company’s net sales increased 6.4% to $78.1 million in first quarter 2013, up from sales of $73.4 million in […]
The company saw increases in product sales, reporting 3.7 million iPhones sold in the quarter, as compared to the 35.1 million at this time last year. It also sold 19.5 million iPads during the second quarter, increasing from the $11.8 million […]
Scholastic has launched Scholastic Learning Zone, its new platform through which teachers, students, and school administrators in international markets can access Scholastic’s portfolio of digital instructional programs with single sign-on.
Scholastic Learning Zone also offers a suite of classroom management and reporting tools that enable teachers and administrators to effectively group students for […]
Teaching young preschool and kindergarten-aged children the digital language has become a priority and trend in the Digital Kids space. Just this month, platforms and apps such as Tynker, Hopscotch and Hakitzu have emerged as fun, game-based ways to teach children basic programming language.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia