As former educator Sherry Maysonave sees more and more children flocking to digital platforms, she also sees room to leverage such devices for educational entertainment. To more effectively reach and educate digitally connected kids, Maysonave has launched ManiaTales, an e-book series focusing on the combination of interactive storytelling and lexical humor to entertain children while also developing their language skills and stimulating imagination and creativity.
Maysonave and her business partner, Stephen, who is also her husband, created ManiaTales through their company, Empowerment Productions. Integrating “interactive imagination” and phonetic word plays, ManiaTales aims to engage children with words and illustrations through technology.
Along with unveiling ManiaTales, Maysonave and her husband today launched the first e-book in the series, EggMania: Where is the Egg in Exactly?, written to entertain children ages 6-12 growing up in a digital world.
EggMania sends kids on an interactive adventure with a boy who keeps hearing mispronunciations of the word “exactly” as “eggzactly.” In his quest to find the “egg,” he searches the world and meets unusual creatures who help him discover the importance of speaking correctly.
Available now on the Apple iBookstore for iOS devices, the e-book includes more than 100 advanced vocabulary words and definitions, 97 pages of original art, narration with sound effects, animation, tongue-twisting rhymes and a hunt-and-find game with over 170 fun facts.
The next book in the ManiaTales series, EarMania: Where’s the Ear in Regardless?, will be released in the fall of 2013.
View the EggMania trailer below:
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia