The Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game will hit the digital platform as a mobile iOS game later this year. Playdek, a mobile video game publisher, and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro and publisher of roleplaying games such as Dungeons & Dragons, recently entered a partnership which will allow Playdek to develop and publish various Wizards’ tabletop games for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
While the companies have yet to release the details of their new deal, Joel Goodman, CEO, Playdek did comment: “We’ve always been big fans of Wizard’s games and it is an honor to work with their talented team to re-create this compelling entertainment in a mobile form. New and existing fans will soon be able to enjoy them anywhere and anytime.”
Playdek is known for bringing the tabletop gaming hobby into the digital space and is linking with Wizards of the Coast at a time when the lifestyle gamer’s global community is expressing a love for both digital and in-person play. Wizards of the Coast brings a range of gaming experiences under brand names such as Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Kaijudo to the tabletop gaming market.
While Wizards of the Coast has released iOS properties based on its Magic and Kaijudo titles, gamers have yet to see an official Dungeons & Dragons iOS property hit the App Store.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia