Scoot & Doodle closed a seed funding round today, bringing the real-time social creativity platform’s total funding to $2.25 million. The investment comes from Silicon Valley angel investors and Pearson learning company.
On the Scoot & Doodle platform, friends and classmates get creative together in a face-to-face digital environment where they play with ideas, create stories, draw, discuss, and solve problems together.
The company’s first product, a Google + Hangout app called Scoot & Doodle on Hangouts, launched a year ago and currently shows first-time users spending an average of 25 minutes per session, and returning users spending at least 32 minutes per session.
Funding will be used to further expand the company’s user reach and deploy its platform across multiple devices, including mobile. Scoot & Doodle also plans to add top talent to the team and continue work on its cross-device platform.
“At Scoot & Doodle, we believe play is an inseparable part of learning. This informs all of our product designs. We are committed to putting the power of social creativity in the hands of people young and old to inspire playful interactions that foster new ways of thinking,” said Christine Egy Rose, CEO of Scoot & Doodle. “With the support of our investors and Pearson, we’ll reach students, teachers and families through their unparalleled distribution to the K20 community.”
Kids using Scoot & Doodle experience creative jam sessions, anywhere, anytime, while also accessing opportunities for informal and formal learning through the product’s mix of peer collaboration, social community and open-ended design.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia