Following this week’s news that it had partnered with Wizards of the Coast to bring table top game series Dungeons & Dragons to iOS devices, Playdek announced today that it has raised $3.8 million in Series A funding.
Qualcomm Incorporated led the funding round through its venture investment group, Qualcomm […]
As former educator Sherry Maysonave sees more and more children flocking to digital platforms, she also sees room to leverage such devices for educational entertainment. To more effectively reach and educate digitally connected kids, Maysonave has launched ManiaTales, an e-book series focusing on the combination of interactive storytelling and lexical humor to entertain […]
Since its 2011 debut in the App Store, Entertainment One (eOne)’s Peppa Pig has consistently landed on the Top Ten paid kids games chart. Licensed by P2 Games on iOS, Nokia and Android devices, the app hit another level of success this week as it surpassed the 1 million downloads mark in […]
Entertainment company Rubicon Group Holding (RGH) has appointed gaming industry veteran Jeff Nuzzi as its Director of Digital Media. In his new position, Nuzzi will report to Executive Director, North America, David Corbett, and lead the company’s efforts to create a digital platform of games, educational and entertainment content for its growing library […]
Developers now have a way to activate mobile payments on all Microsoft devices. Integrating cross-device payments on Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, mobile payments provider Fortumo today launched in-app payments for Windows Phone.
With this update, app and game developers can use a single SDK to activate payments on all Microsoft devices: desktops, laptops and […]
The Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game will hit the digital platform as a mobile iOS game later this year. Playdek, a mobile video game publisher, and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro and publisher of roleplaying games such as Dungeons & Dragons, recently entered a partnership which will […]
According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), worldwide shipments of smart connected devices grew 29.1% 2012 when compared to 2011, crossing 1 billion units shipped with a value of $576.9 billion. The market expansion was largely driven by a 78.4% year-over-year growth in tablet shipments, which surpassed 128 million in 2012, the IDC […]
The Kinfish mobile app hit the market today, introducing a kid-friendly, safe and family-centric social networking platform which allows friends and families to privately share information in separate, secure customized networks where they can control and limit who has access to shared multimedia posts.
Along with private groups, Kinfish offers kid-friendly features that […]
Coding can be a difficult skill for any person to master and an even harder concept to teach in a classroom. By combining coding concepts with gameplay, Kuato Studios, a learning technology provider, has developed a way to make learning code fun for kids. The company today released Hakitzu, an iOS strategy game […]
Nook customers will soon be able to make purchases within apps on the platform’s devices. The Barnes and Noble subsidiary has entered a partnership with mobile payment provider Fortumo which will enable app and game developers to sell premium digital content within their products to Nook customers in the Nook store.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia