SmarTots, a mobile kids app platform, yesterday announced that it has closed a Series A round of funding from SoftBank’s SB Pan-Asia Fund, managed by SoftBank Ventures Korea. Its existing investors Xu Xiaoping, Angelvest, SOSVentures and ChinaRock Capital Management also participated in the financing round.
The app platform plans on using the new funding to further its position in the Chinese market. To increase its presence in China, SmarTots will partner with top kids app developers, acquire content and expand to Google’s Android mobile operating system.
As language and cultural norms are often reason for foreign app profit failure in the Chinese app market, localization is often a more successful approach.
This latest round of funding will allow the company to help more educational kids app developers enter the Chinese market by translating and localizing the content for a Chinese audience.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia