For the quarter, ended Jan. 26, the company reported a loss of $6.1 million compared with earnings of $52 million in […]
Scholastic today announced an agreement with UK-based Arcturus Publishing Limited that will allow Arcturus to offer a selection of its non-fiction titles in a digital format on Scholastic’s classroom-based eReading app for kids, Storia®.
Free to download on iPad, PC, and select Android tablets, with more platforms to come […]
Bipper, a mobile safety solutions company founded in Norway and Bulgaria, today announced that its bSafe app has received Hollywood attention from actress Jada Pinkett Smith, who is investing an undisclosed amount in Bipper to take bSafe to the international market.
bSafe works as a mobile SOS alarm app for women. When […]
In his discussion, Mitham discussed analytics and trends on virtual worlds and digital marketing for global brands. He also talked numbers and shared his charts.
His full presentation can be viewed […]
SmarTots, a mobile kids app platform, yesterday announced that it has closed a Series A round of funding from SoftBank’s SB Pan-Asia Fund, managed by SoftBank Ventures Korea. Its existing investors Xu Xiaoping, Angelvest, SOSVentures and ChinaRock Capital Management also participated in the financing round.
The app platform plans on […]
Parents frustrated with their children inadvertently making purchases on Apple’s App Store could receive some peace of mind. Apple, Inc. says it will pay to settle an April 2011 suit filed by five parents who claim the company included hidden charges in children’s game apps.
The lawsuit alleges that certain game apps downloaded […]
Traci Paige Johnson, creator of the preschool television series, Blue’s Clues, and Caroline Baron, co-creator of SuperWhy, have teamed up to launch a new interactive children’s media company, yummico.
yummico produces media for preschoolers across multiple platforms, with a focus on digital games, interactive shows, apps and e-books, as well […]
In her discussion, MacIntyre shared insight on how to develop a successful dual-target App experience for both kids and parents that leverages multi-generational play […]
In his presentation, Baszuki discussed the key product and community engagement features that have made online building games like ROBLOX, Minecraft and Little Big Planet so successful.
His full presentation can be viewed below:
In her talk, Bailey illustrated how innovative brands are connecting with the gatekeeper using video, Pinterest, Tumblr and other new social media […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia