In the evolving Digital Kids™ landscape filled with kids eager to own their own smartphones, many parents find themselves worrying about child safety on mobile devices. As a solution to child mobile safety concerns, Bipper, a mobile personal safety product developer, recently released MobileKids, an Android and iPhone app which allows parents to monitor activity and set limits on a child’s cell phone activity.
Once downloaded on both the parent’s and child’s mobile device, MobileKids provides parents with reports on new downloads and contacts as well as daily and weekly reports on how frequently the child uses their smartphone. The parent version of the app aims to alleviate worries about child safety by providing a GPS-tracking option and allowing the adult to filter inappropriate downloads and contacts on a child’s phone. The app is less invasive on kids’ privacy because they know when parents download the app and can view the parent-established settings.
Other MobileKids features include time controls which allow parents to set restrictions on when kids can use their mobile devices, preventing them from using it at night or during study time, for example. The app also provides parents with additional child mobile usage control features such as limits on minutes, texts, Wi-Fi, Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS) and other data.
The app is available for free until April 1, 2013.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia