Kids Help Phone, a Canadian phone counseling service for youth, recently released Canada’s first mobile app to connect youth with live and professional support. The app, named Always There, allows young people all over Canada to more easily reach professional counselors, access clinically-sound information and features that support their social and emotional help.
“It was important for us that the Always There app be developed in collaboration with youth,” said Sharon Wood, President and CEO of Kids Help Phone. “Our clinical philosophy is to recognize kids’ own strengths and input in finding solutions that are right for them. This app helps them connect with professional insights, but also helps them share some of their own answers and solutions with other kids. It sends a strong message that, no matter who or where you are, someone cares. You’re never alone.”
The app is password protected and encourages users to read about emotional health and relationship topics such as anxiety, depression, family abuse and helping friends. It also provides direct links to phone numbers or online websites which connect to Kids Help Phone counselors.
Always There currently includes English versions available for iOS, Android and Blackberry devices with a French version and additional features in the works for early 2013.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia