Callaway Digital Arts, a lifestyle and children’s iPad app maker, has partnered with large toy manufacturer Hasbro to create a series of apps. They recently released their first collaborative project, the free-to-play Mr. Potato Head app which targets children ages 2 to 6 and is now available for iOS with in-app features available for $1.99.
The app transforms Mr. Potato Head into an animated character that children can control by dressing him up in any of the app’s 22 different thematic outfits accompanied by ten parts. Outfit parts include Pirate, Cowboy and Spaceman themes and can be interchanged in any way the child imagines, allowing them to create personalized four-armed mutant spuds.
Once kids dress him up, they can take their Mr. Potato Head on adventures in touch-screen, interactive worlds such as the “Pirate Island,” Wild West,” and “Enchanted Castle.”
Mr. Potato Head is a classic, endearing figure created 60 years ago. The spud was chosen to star in his own app because his interchangeable parts and outfits work well in a touch-based mobile application that promotes imaginative free-play, says Callaway CEO Rex Ishibashi.
Ishibashi says Callaway and Hasbro are discussing other apps to fill their portfolios but cannot disclose any other information about them yet.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia