Cirque du Soleil, a major Québec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment, and Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company, recently closed a joint venture transaction and announced their new company, Cirque du Soleil Media. The company will develop Québec-based media content for television, digital and gaming platforms. Jacques Méthé will lead as President of the new company. Word of the new company came just in time for tomorrow’s public premiere of its first production, the 3-D feature film, Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away.
Cirque du Soleil Media will be headed in Montréal and will combine Cirque du Soleil’s creative ideas and resources, consumer insight and infrastructure with Bell Media’s production experience, media platforms and distribution ability.
Aiming to bring content inspired by Cirque du Soleil’s spirited content to a larger audience of consumers through multi-media presence, Bell Media has invested multiple millions of dollars in Cirque du Soleil Media is excited to bring collaborative ideas to life.
Variety Magazine has called the new company’s Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away film “A bona fide high-wire act…delivering towering thrills.”
The film premiered in Montréal on Dec. 7 and will be released in theaters everywhere tomorrow, December 21, 2012.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia