Apple recently released it’s annual “Best of” feature for iTunes and the app store. The feature lists the top free, paid and grossing iPhone and iPad apps of 2012 along with picks for best game and non-game app of the year for both iOS devices.
Apple nominated Action Movie FX […]
Callaway Digital Arts, a lifestyle and children’s iPad app maker, has partnered with large toy manufacturer Hasbro to create a series of apps. They recently released their first collaborative project, the free-to-play Mr. Potato Head app which targets children ages 2 to 6 and is now available for iOS with in-app […]
Kids Help Phone, a Canadian phone counseling service for youth, recently released Canada’s first mobile app to connect youth with live and professional support. The app, named Always There, allows young people all over Canada to more easily reach professional counselors, access clinically-sound information and features that support their social and […]
The recently approved Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) amendments come as welcome news to companies offering Federal Trade Commission (FTC)-approved, reasonable methods that allow businesses, non-profits and government agencies to build brands with kids, first ensuring they understand the necessity of parental consent. Aristotle International, Inc. is a company […]
Earlier in the week, Nickelodeon removed its SpongeBob Diner Dash mobile application from the iOS market after the Center for Digital Democracy (CDD) filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission accusing Nickelodeon’s parent company, Viacom, and game maker, PlayFirst, of deceptive marketing and violation of the Children’s […]
Cirque du Soleil, a major Québec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment, and Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company, recently closed a joint venture transaction and announced their new company, Cirque du Soleil Media. The company will develop Québec-based media content for television, digital and gaming platforms. Jacques Méthé will lead as President of […]
Amid a swirling debate over children’s privacy online in a world of new, changing technology, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) updated and expanded its Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 yesterday to cover mobile apps and social networks.
The new COPPA modifications aim to keep up with […]
Consumers are continually turning to mobile devices as their gaming platform of choice. A recent survey by Flash games services firm Mochi Media shows that 86 percent of Flash game developers realize the mobile gaming trend and are expanding to the mobile platform, where many other developers are already focusing their efforts.
Julie Landry Laviolette, a writer and mom of a fifth- and seventh-grader, envisioned an interactive book that would entice tweens to read and from that vision founded Story Bayou, a series of interactive book apps. Brush of Truth app, a brush of truth app which mixes e-book and […]
Brian Waniewski, Director at Institute of Play, a non-profit design studio pioneering new models of learning and engagement, reported on New York public school, Quest to Learn, in a recent Fast Company article.
According to Wanieswski, Quest to Learn is pursuing the idea that teachers are only one […]
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia