Subscription channel Hulu Plus recently launched a section targeted specifically for kids. Hulu Kids, offering kid-friendly, streaming content is free of advertising, which has received much acclaim from parents. This ad-free service means kids are not bombarded with advertisements and the pressure to purchase toys and games.
Hulu Plus launched Hulu Kids as Hulu’s content team has been amassing popular content from Nickelodeon, PBS and Lionsgate Kids. A total of 43 kid-friendly shows were available on Hulu Kids at launch. These shows included “Thomas & Friends,” “Caillou,” and “SpongeBob SquarePants.”
Hulu Kids is available on menus across all Hulu Plus-compatible devices. Additionally, the launch of Hulu Kids comes with a new round of updates for the PlayStation 3.
The need for protected kids’ content was what motivated Hulu Plus to launch Hulu Kids. According to Hulu, they saw a great opportunity to create a one-stop shop for kids’ content in a secure environment.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia