TinyTap, the free iPad application that allows parents and educators to create learning games for kids, has recently raised $500K in seed funding. The funding comes from Inimiti, an Israeli micro venture capital fund that invests in new media startups.
“We partnered with TinyTap as we see a huge opportunity to create massive amounts of educational content,” said Alon Geva, a founder and General Partner at Inimiti.
Yogev Shelly of TinyTap said: “We believe in the power of personalization. We provide super simple game creation tools that anyone can use – from a child to his grandparents. It gives us great pleasure to see how TinyTap is being used by families and schools around the world.” TinyTap has been used to teach languages and create learning apps focusing on such subjects as Autism and Down Syndrome.
TinyTap is a privately held app development company based in Tel Aviv, Israel. TinyTap was founded in 2012 by Yogev Shelly and Oren Elbaz.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia