Night & Day Studios, the company behind kids’ apps such as Peekaboo, Richard Scarry’s Busytown and Caillou (which, along with their other apps, have garnered over 2 million downloads to date) announced its new partnership yesterday with ScrollMotion, a leading enterprise mobile software company.
“We are becoming the exclusive children’s media licensee of ScrollMotion’s interactive app development platform and are onboarding ScrollMotion’s portfolio of 800+ kids’ apps,” according to a statement on the Night & Day Studios website.
Partnership for Development of Kids’ Apps
This partnership will allow Night & Day Studios to more efficiently develop apps and provide timelier app releases using ScrollMotion’s technology. “The [ScrollMotion] tool definitely speeds up production quite a bit,” Night & Day Studios co-founder Erin Rackelman said. “We had been putting out one Peekaboo app a year, and now we’ve put out five in the last five months,” she said. According to TechCrunch.com, Night & Day Studios met with ScrollMotion after a recent VC meeting, where Night & Day Studios realized that a partnership could benefit them more than major funding.
Night & Day Studios and ScrollMotion’s Partnership – The Prize
ScrollMotion got its start in the kids’ app business, so they are no stranger to kids’ apps. With this partnership, Night & Day Studios is now the exclusive children’s media licensee of ScrollMotion’s app development platform. “Before the end of the year we plan to release 20 iOS and Android app titles and launch over 50 apps in 2013,” a statement on the Night & Day Studios website says.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia