Outfit7 Inc., a subsidiary of Out Fit 7 Ltd, the entertainment company behind the Talking Friends mobile apps, today announced the launch of the “Talking Ginger” app, available now in the iTunes App Store. “Talking Ginger” lets users guide the kitten Ginger as he gets ready for bed, transforming the turning-in process into a fun adventure for the whole family. To date, less than two years after launching the first Talking Friends app, the characters have more than 400 million downloads worldwide, with more than 115 million monthly active users. On average, the apps are downloaded 35 million times per month, with more than 750,000 user-generated videos uploaded and over 355 million total views on YouTube.
This is the first Talking Friends app designed to teach and assist specific skill building. Users help Ginger prepare for sleep by showering him, drying him, going potty, and brushing his teeth with a special timer. Parents can walk their children through the app’s game and follow along in real-time to learn good habits.
“Talking Friends apps are not only popular and fun, but also educational and can teach important skills. ‘Talking Ginger’ is a perfect example of how an app can educate and bring families together through collaboration with characters they know and love,” said Samo Login, Founder and CEO of Out Fit 7 Limited, CY. “The phenomenal success of Talking Friends has shown that real-life engagement resonates with users around the globe, and we’re focused on creating new experiences for our fans.”
Players are motivated with unique prizes, and every time the sequence is completed, users unlocks a new piece of Ginger’s dreams—fun, and often poignant, hand-drawn puzzles. In total, there are 50 dreams to unlock. Like all of the Talking Friends apps, users can talk to Ginger and he will repeat the phrase back in his cute kitten voice. Users cans also tickle, poke or pet Ginger as he goes through his evening routine.
Fans were first introduced to Ginger, Talking Tom’s lovable and mischievous nephew, in last year’s Talking Santa app, and he has since become a fan favorite on Disney’s Talking Friends animated web series.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia