Three years ago Adknowledge paid $50 million to buy game monetizer Super Rewards. But then its founder bought it back and today sold it to user acquisition service Playerize. Super Rewards’ embeddable paywall for developers lets gamers score virtual goods and currency by buying offers, completing surveys, and watching branded videos. Super Rewards will turn Playerize into a one-stop shops for devs who want to buy users and squeeze money out them while staying focused on making their games fun. But considering Playerize has raised only $1 million to date, this must have been a fire sale.
Playerize was founded in 2011 to drive growth for social and mobile games. The SuperRewards team and products will operate from offices in both Vancouver and San Francisco.
“The platform has undergone a lot of growth and improvement and there is a tremendous opportunity in the mobile and social game monetization space and we are extremely proud and excited that Adknowledge gave us the opportunity to acquire a majority stake in this product.” said Lyal Avery, Co-Founder of Playerize.
- Movile Adds 13 New Series to PlayKids TV and Sets Sights on Global Expansion
- Club Penguin Co-Creator Lance Priebe Shares Journey to Mech Mice Launch
- New Disney Technology Allows You to ‘Feel’ Touchscreen Images
- Amazon Launches New Program for Developers
- App Annie Expands Analytics & Market Data Platform to eBook Realm
- Magic Light Pictures Launches First Mobile App
- 2013 Digital Kids Edu and Summit Audio MP3 Files Released
- Digital Kids Summit and Digital Kids Edu Speaker Presentations Now Available
- Skylanders Opens the Magical Skylands World to YouTube in New Boomcast Webisodes
- Baby Bytes and Precision Development Partner to Create App Suite for Families with Young Children
- Digital Kids Fall Events Wrap Up
- Lil’Stylers Launches Kids Fashion App
- TribePlay’s Dr. Panda App Series Surpasses 10M Downloads
- Candy Crush Publisher King Files U.S. IPO Valued at $5b & Hires New Chief Financial Officer
- Cupcake Digital and Zodiak Kids Launch First Tickety Toc Story App Experience
- ClickN Kids Introduces Tablet Featuring Looney Tunes Phonics Program
- Foothill Entertainment and Kidobi Enter Digital Distribution Partnership
- Hasbro and PlayDate Digital Introduce My Little Pony Digital Book App
- Toca Boca Launches Toca Cars
- Fingerprint Expands Mobile Edutainment Platform to Malaysia